Halloween Party Ideas for Call Center, BPO Employees
It’s Halloween again!
This time of year has become one of the much awaited and most anticipated occasions in call centers and the BPO industry here in the Philippines (second only to Christmas, of course).
Being one of the most stressful jobs in the country, call center agents and workers in the BPO industry look forward to celebrating Halloween parties inside their offices as a fun way to relieve stress and where they can express themselves freely and make fun of their bosses and colleagues.
Here are some ideas and inspirations for celebrating the Halloween inside the BPO workplace:
1. HALLOWEEN COSTUME PARTY. It’s not Halloween unless there is a costume party. These days Halloween parties usually evolve around a theme. The zombie apocalypse theme is one of the most popular inspiration of Halloween parties due to the success of “The Walking Dead” AMC television series.
But aside from the American post-apocalyptic theme, there are other costume party ideas like the Harry Potter theme or a Cosplay Halloween Party where call center workers or the BPO employees can wear costumes or fashion accessories depicting their favorite character or anime.
A reward may be given to the worker with the best getup or disguise.
2. BEST HALLOWEEN DECORATION CONTEST. This is the best time for the call center employees to express their artistic side. Each team can decorate and embellish their work station with Halloween inspired backdrops which, in the process, can instill and foster camaraderie within their team. The best team to decorate their areas may be given a reward or incentive such as free lunch or extra minutes of coffee break. The contest will not only enliven the office but will cheer up the place even for just a single work day.
3. HALLOWEEN LUNCH/DINNER PARTY. Call centers and the BPO industry employees are usually assigned a nine-hour work schedule. Graveyard shift typically starts at 8:00, 9:00 or 10:00 in the evenings and ends at 5:00, 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning respectively. Lunch break, oddly enough, is usually scheduled around midnight. So the best time to have the Halloween party is during their lunch time which is at 12:00 midnight.
The office manager can either ask the agents or employees to bring their own homemade dishes and have a potluck party. Or the office admin can order from a catering service for a more formal and large Halloween party.
4. TRICK OR TREAT. Office managers can also inspire the employees to have a trick or treat activity where the call center agents can go trick or treating to the offices of the more senior level employees. The employees can knock on the cubicles or offices of the managers who can hand over some food, candies or other trick or treat goodies to the workers.
5. AFTER WORKING HARD, IT’S TIME TO PLAY HARDER. After working hard at the office, it is a good idea for the colleagues to have some downtime and take a breather. In the case of the call center employee or workers at the BPO industry, downtime means party time! Restaurants, coffee shops or bars now operate 24/7 near buildings where BPO centers operate. After the Halloween party inside the office, call center agents and their supervisors can have a real party outside the office and let off some steam. This is not a bad idea since working in a call center or BPO industry in the Philippines can definitely take a heavy toll on a regular Juan De La Cruz. This is also a good time to bond with the colleagues and the bosses.